WindowDressers is Hiring – Seasonal Production Worker!
Please submit resumes and letters of interest to Joee Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a great job for new retirees, parents and seasonal agricultural workers. FLEXIBLE HOURS!
Production Line Worker – IMMEDIATE OPENINGS
WindowDressers, Searsmont, ME
Join us in doing work that matters! WindowDressers is a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to warming homes, helping the environment, and building community. We train, supply, and support teams of local volunteers to run “Community Builds” that assemble insulating window inserts for local homes. These “inserts” reduce heat transfer through windows, making homes require less heating fuel to stay warm. With a small staff and over 1,500 volunteers, we annually serve 1,000-1,500 households in Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont with 8,000 – 10,000 inserts that improve home energy efficiency.
The Production Line Worker is a seasonal position starting August or September – Mid November – Mid December that is responsible for producing and providing all necessary supplies to these Community Builds. Under the direction of the Production Manager, a team of 6 Production Line Workers cut, drill, label, and sort the wood framing members, bundle these into kits, prepare additional consumable supplies, and help to load trucks for shipment. This team works out of WindowDressers’ Searsmont, Maine production facility.
- PERFORM CUT/DRILL/PACKAGE OPERATIONS: As a member of the production team, will cull and/or rip wood to width and then load, cut, label, drill, sort, and package the wood that will become window insert “kits” ensuring quality, accuracy, and efficiency throughout the process. You must be able to safely and competently run power tools including, but not limited to; circular saw, table saw, and drill press. Understand and follow OSHA safety protocols for this type of facility at all times.
- PREPARE PICK-UPS: Prepare wood “kits,” consumable supplies (plastic, tape, foam, etc) and build equipment to ensure every Community Build has the right amount of materials to complete their work. Load trucks for delivery. Receive and inventory surplus materials returned after a Community Build.
- LEADERSHIP AND INNOVATION: WindowDressers is a collaborative organization that encourages innovation and shared leadership. Production Line Workers are encouraged to continually evaluate production processes, think about how they can be improved, and propose changes to the Production Manager for discussion and possible implementation.
- Values quality
- Conscientious attention to detail
- Takes initiative and works efficiently
- Solid interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Takes direction and follows through with instructions
- Ability to read a tape measure and apply measurements
- Basic math skills
- Basic to intermediate fluency in English, including reading, speaking, and listening
- Collaborative spirit and flexibility
- Passion for reducing energy poverty and slowing climate change
- Ability to lift and carry 20-50 pounds with some frequency, and 10-20 pounds frequently.
- Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time, daily.
- Grasping, leaning, stretching, reaching, squeezing, bending, leaning, lifting, pushing, pulling, walking, climbing and descending stairs.
- Repetitive use of hands and arms.
- Visual acuity to recognize workplace safety and surroundings, read labels, and determine accuracy of work assigned.
- Ability to continuously work with other people.
- $18/hr, full-time or part-time (willing to accommodate the need for a flexible schedule) from mid August/Early September – Mid to Late November/Early December. Paid holidays and sick days.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com with the subject “Production Line Worker.” We look forward to working with you!